Reading week

{ Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 by Sadid }

A senior once told, "They started reading week as the surveys and statistics show that people especially students killed themselves during this week".

So indirectly, this week is for us to loosen ourselves a bit from the stress and tension of exams or midterms.

Yesterday, I started my reading week with a trip to Rabbit Hill playing snowboard. I was so excited, it has been 2 weeks (which feels like a year [just wanna show how badly I wanna go for snowboarding]) that I haven't go out for snowboarding. It started of okay, I did a couple of run before I hit the ramp for jumping. My jump was okay, fell down twice. But then, I don't know, I was going for a small ramp with the normal speed which I used to go for a ramp, I was flying high, the thrill was awesome, but I landed badly, so much so that I landed on my chest and my face. My nose was bleeding, I was spitting out blood, my head feels really dizzy at that time, I couldn't breathe well. It was the first time ever that I had to lay for awhile after falling from a jump.

It was a terrible moment for me, but just wanna have a check on myself, I tried moving my nose to the right and left, just to make sure it doesn't broke, alhamdulillah it was okay. Then I tried feeling my teeth using my tounge, alhamdulillah no tooth fell out. I tried to get up and carve my way down the hill, and I feel okay. Then I took a rest for awhile, washed my face and my mouth and sit for a while with some friends. What makes it even better is that I lost my phone while snowboarding.

All that kinda reminded me on what my parents used to say "mula-mula gelak, nanti nangis", I think I was over-excited. That what makes it like what just happened I guess.

Now, I'm feeling a lot better after a goodnight sleep, and by the way, I got back my phone from a young Canadian boy, alhamdulillah. So its quite okay now.

Have a great reading week, go out and loosen yourself, but not too much, too much of anything is not good.

No Response to "Reading week"