Looking above and below

{ Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 by Sadid }
People like to compare things, stuff and sometimes themselves. What for?

I've been comparing myself and my friends, even talked to myself like " why haven't I studied 24/7 during my times in Taylor's, if I have, I'm sure to get more awards", something like that. I thought it was okay for me just to have that thought and nothing more, maybe just for inspiration to do even better here in U Of Alberta.

Just recently, I've read a hadith that goes,

"When one of you looks at one who stands at a higher level than you in regard to wealth and physical structure he should also see one who stands at a lower level than you in regard to these things."
narrated by Muslim

Its hard to remain thankful to Allah if you keep on comparing ourselves to those who are given better wealth, nicer possessions, higher status, etc. All this is a common cause for us showing ingratitude towards Allah. We will then automatically disregards the blessings that Allah has bestow upon us. We fell like things are lacking in our lives.

Do remember that, Allah is the Originator of All that is Good / Khair. Nothing comes from him is not good. Maybe we tend to see something as bad, but little that we know, maybe its a blessing in disguise. So as a muslim, we should always say alhamdulillah for the things that we have and maybe the things we don't have.

2 Response to "Looking above and below"



Alhamdulillah, Sadid dah berubah







hahaha ;P

I like this post! :)
All the best kat sana.
*tgh kumpul duit, nk pegi mountain*
haha

haha..huda2..xabes2 ngan berubah tu..aku camni jer la...haha..

thx..btw, xkumpul un duit..da ade da..tgl nk pegi jer..haha..jom ekot aku huda..haha~