Winter break

{ Posted on Saturday, December 19, 2009 by Sadid }
Have any plans yet for the break? yes? no? maybe?

Well its fun to enjoy yourself especially after a really
tough semester, with the exams, assignments. It feels nice to be "organized" again after you feel like you're being torn apart by the exam. Maybe its better for me not to talk about it right? I'm sure you don't wanna know about it.

For me, I only have 3 weeks of break. When it comes to break like this, I normally wouldn't have anything big in mind to do. Normally I'll sleep for hours to make up for the sleep I've lost during the exam week, or maybe watching movies, or even just sitting in front of my computer facebook-ing, or just playing games. WOW, that's a lot time waste don't you think?

As a muslim don't you think that we need to do something more beneficial? A brother once told us that beneficial here means "something that can bring us benefit in this world and the life hereafter or that can avoid us from harm in this world and life hereafter", so when I compared it with what I usually do, it just doesn't go with the definition of doing something beneficial.

The prophet told us to "moist our tongue for zikr", I think that is the best way to start, Its fairly simple and very beneficial.

"Rememberance of God certainly brings comfort to all hearts"
(13:28)

Well, I think for those who doesn't have anything in mind yet, do plan it well. As time is very precious.

May Allah guides us and make us among those who are conscious of time.

No Response to "Winter break"