Owh, I forgot

{ Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 by Sadid }
I always find its funny seeing people (including myself) doing mistakes knowing that they (or we) can prevent it from happening.

Its a common thing to forget about stuff.

Last 2 weeks, our landlord came to collect the rent, as usual he was really happy as soon as he gets the money. Then I asked him "you said you wanna have the bathroom door fixed, so when can you have it done?" . He replied "owh, yes I forgot, tomorrow I'll come to fix it".

Judging by the topic I'm writing, I guessed you guys already know what happened the day after. In case you can't figured out what happened, let me tell you this, he forgot. What makes it even better is that this is the third time he said what he said. The first time was in January after he collects the rent, the second was in February also after he collects the rent.

We don't mind if he keeps on forgetting stuff, but we just find its funny that he also forgot the things he said before we move into the house, "I'm not like any other landlord, I won't be the type of landlord that comes to collect the rent only, but I'll also check on you guys regularly, see the house condition etc. etc. etc." It's funny because since January, we've seen him around 3 times only and that is for paying the rent.

Anyways, that's not my point, that was only a story about forgetting stuff that I find funny.

Actually, when I think about people forgetting stuff, I kinda wanna recall my earlier post where I said :

"Do you guys still remember what you guys ate last weekend? I bet there most of us forget about it already and you know what, we can actually see the food that we ate. But what about heaven, hell, angels, devils, sins and the list just goes on and on. Surely there is a tendency for us to forget about it right?"

Well, recently a brother remind me even though we thought we are not forgetting important things in life, like prayers and everything, we still need to give time to have some thought on our deeds. Coz, sometimes when we did deeds as norms in life, we tend to forget the main reason we did the deeds. For example every morning you pray subuh, but what happened if a person came to you and asked "why did you pray or any of those kinda question" and I bet it will hit you in the head and seriously you will not know what to answer if you pray because of norms. These are the little things that we need to remember.

I just thought this is a good thing to share~

No Response to "Owh, I forgot"